Configure the Magento Shop in reybex: Create Magento user, generate API key and test connection
To connect your Magento shop with reybex, you need some data from your Magento shop:
- valid endpoint URL
- user name of the Magento user
- API key
- shop ID
The endpoint URL consists of the URL of your Magento shop and the extension: /index.php/api/soap/index/.
Go to your Magento backend to get the username, API key and shop ID. For the user name and API key, you need to create a new user in Magento and assign a new role to it.
First set up a new role in Magento:
Set up a new user in Magento:
Fill in all required fields. It’s your choice what to enter (including the API key and password).
Assign the previously set up role to the user and save your settings.
TIP: Remember your settings. It is best to take a screenshot of them, because they are no longer displayed.
Transfer the user name and API key from Magento to reybex
Open the transaction Marketplace Setup Wizard [OMP06].
Click on Available Shops and select Magento 1.
- Enter an internal name for your Magento shop.
- Click the checkbox Active to activate the connection to your Magento shop.
- Enter the Endpoint URL of your Magento shop (as described above).
- Transfer the just defined Username from Magento to reybex.
- Transfer the newly created API key from Magento to reybex.
- Enter the Shop ID. You can find the shop ID by going to the tab System in Magento and then to Manage Stores. Move the mouse pointer over the desired Magento shop and the shop ID will be displayed.
- Enter the Shop language.
- Click Magento connection test to check if reybex can connect to your Magento shop.
- Click Proceed.
Please note: If you enter your data via Copy&Paste, please make sure that you do not copy any spaces. This will cause errors in the connection to your Magento shop.
Fill in the following forms. Keep on clicking on Proceed. Under Import Categories, click Read categories and import your Magento categories to reybex. Click Save and start article import.
Further information on importing articles can be found here: